———Chinese Government Scholarship———
Chinese Government Scholarship Program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between the Chinese government and the governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship Program.
Wenzhou Medical College recruits CGS-supported international students from all over the world.
CATEGORIES OF APPLICANTS AND DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
Categories of Applicants
1. Master’s Degree Students
Duration: 2-3 academic years
2. Doctoral Degree Students
Duration: 3-4 academic years
1. The instruction language could be either Chinese or English. Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese are required to take one year Chinese language course prior to the academic study if their Chinese is not qualified. Only by passing the examinations after the Chinese language course, could they start their academic studies.
2. Scholarship students should complete their study within the set time; scholarship duration specified in the admission notice CANNOT be extended in principle.
Basic Information and Duration of the Scholarships
1. Number of scholarship students to be admitted: 2
2. Coverage of the scholarship:
- Tuition and fees for registration, laboratory experiments, internship, basic learning materials, and intramural accommodation;
- Living allowance: CNY 2,000 per month for doctoral students; CNY 1,700 per month for master's degree students;
- Fees for outpatient medical services and Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China;
- A one-off settlement subsidy for new students after registration: CNY 1,500 per person.
Note: For more detailed information, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council: http://www.csc.edu.cn
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
2. Applicants must not be students in Chinese universities at the time of application.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Application deadline: April 10 every year.
Applicants can submit the application documents to the Office of School of International of Wenzhou Medical College, by post mail or in person. The application materials submitted by email will not be accepted.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate):
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English).
Applicants shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
; Agency No.
of Wenzhou Medical College is 10343
2. Photocopy of the applicant's passport.
3. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). Applicants employed shall provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words.
5. Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
6. Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable).
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download) (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
Note: Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application.
APPROVAL AND NOTIFICATION
1. Wenzhou Medical College will review all the application materials. Decisions for admission and for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicants' competitiveness, academic record and otherwise.
2. The name list of the scholarship awardees for graduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for review in April,every year.
3. After the name list is reviewed and approved by China Scholarship Council, the scholarship awardees will be notified by the university in June and Admission Notice with other relevant documents will be sent to them in July every year.
4. Scholarship students' affairs are managed according to the relevant regulations of Chinese Government Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status.
5. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
6. Scholarship students who have to suspend their studies due to illness must return to their home country for further treatment and recovery. Expenses for the international travel to and from the university will be borne by the students themselves, and their scholarship status will be reserved for one year at most, with the monthly living allowance stopped during the suspension. Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies for reasons other than illness will not be reserved.